The Forum is delighted to announce that, as from 8th June 2020, we have been granted Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SCIO) status. Our charitable purpose is, and always has been ‘The advancement of the arts, heritage, culture and science’ of the Argyll and Bute area. Our mission statement has now been recognised by the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator and means that we can go forward confident in the knowledge that everything we do is underpinned by our charitable status.
For those who are not familiar with our objects here is a reminder:
- To provide a forum which supports the advancement of heritage, culture and arts in matters relating to Museums and Heritage in Argyll & Bute.
- To promote and raise public awareness of local heritage, culture, and arts and to encourage participation, appreciation, conservation, and enhancement of the heritage of Argyll & Bute.
- To advance collaborations which further the skills, knowledge, experience, and practice of those involved in Museums and Heritage in Argyll & Bute.
- To pursue such other activities as will benefit museums and heritage in Argyll & Bute.
And here are one or two key points from our Constitution – please ask for a copy if you would like one.
- Membership is open to any individual aged 16 or over […] and to organisations, establishments and individuals that operate to increase the awareness of museum collections and heritage within Argyll & Bute.
- Currently, membership of ABMHF is free.
- Every member has one vote, which must be given personally (no proxy votes)
- Any member can be elected, at the Annual General Meeting, to be a trustee.
The Argyll and Bute Museums and Heritage Forum is a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SCIO) #SC050209
The Argyll and Bute Museums and Heritage Forum is an organisation set up to further the skills, knowledge, experience and practice of those involved in museums, community heritage centres and archives in Argyll & Bute. Membership is free to interested organisations and individuals.
You are receiving this email because you have added your details to the ABMHF mailing list. If you do not wish to receive further emails from us, please replay to this email with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line and we will delete your contact details.