Aged 18-30? Join us online on Monday 30 August (7-9pm) to discover exciting upcoming opportunities for young people in Argyll. If you are looking to kick-start your career, or build your skills and experience in the heritage sector in Argyll, then this event is for you! There are a host of accredited, skill-building opportunities on offer, including fully-funded placements and training in traditional building skills, archaeology, app-development, museum experience, archiving and much more.
A preview of the placements on offer include:
- ‘The Full Museum Experience’ – Dunollie Museum, Castle & Grounds, Oban
- ‘Exploring the Heritage of the Oban Dye Garden’ – Rockfield Centre, Oban
- Social Media Takeover – Dunoon Castle Museum
- Joan Eardley Centenary Exhibition – The Argyll Collection & Dunoon Burgh Halls
- Terrific Tour Guiding – The Argyll Mausoleum and St Munn’s Parish Church (Kilmun)
- Traditional Building Skills – Strachur Smiddy
- The Story of Kintyre – Campbeltown Museum
Find out more about the Heritage Horizons project.